The price depends on the number of transplanted hair follicles not on the transplanted hairs.
One hair follicle can contain from 1 to 4 hairs. The patient pays for one follicle not for 4 hairs. The number of the transplanted follicles depends on the size of the treated area.
Consultation – 25 euro
What is the FUE-technique?
– FUE (Follicular-Unit Extraction) is a modern minimally invasive method for hair transplantation which allows taking (harvesting) individual follicles from the back of your head (donor area) without using a scalpel and without stitches i.e. without leaving a linear scar in the area.
What are the advantages of the FUE-technique compared to the so-called Strip-Method?
– The FUE-technique is associated with a faster and more comfortable recovery process both of the donor area and the transplanted follicles
– The FUE-technique DOES NOT leave a scar in the back of your head because the method is minimally invasive, a scalpel is not used and the area does not require surgical stitches in comparison to the Strip-Method. – Because the FUE-method is minimally invasive, patients can go back to their normal work environment only after a couple of days
– Patients can cut their hair short without worrying about a scar because the method DOES NOT leave a visible scar in the donor area
What are the advantages of the FUE-technique with SmartGraft?
– SmartGraft is characterized with a high level of ergonomics, which allows the working ‘hand’ of the device to act as a natural extended hand of the surgeon. This results in the better quality of the process of harvesting (taking hair follicles from the donor area)
– The use of SmartGraft allows a short operative time and fewer procedures (if more interventions are needed in order to achieve the desired effect) in comparison to the manual method
– SmartGraft is the first modern device which successfully works on all hair types (straight, wavy and curly) and hair colors (black, brown, blonde, red, white, etc.)
Can the FUE-technique with SmartGraft be used on both men and women?
- The answer is YES! This method offers an effective solution to the problem for both men and women!
Should I shave my head so that the procedure can be performed?
– The answer is NO! Shaving the area where the follicles are going to be transplanted is NOT required. Shaving is required only in a small part of the back of your head which is the donor area.
Does the transplanted hair grow normally after the procedure?
– Hair growth is a cyclic process and because of this the transplanted hairs, or some of them, will fall out in the next 2-4 weeks and after that they will be substituted by entirely new and functioning hairs which will grow from the transplanted hair bulbs. The newly grown hairs will have the physiology of natural hairs. The patients’ hair is going to be their own natural hair – it will grow, it can be cut and dyed.
Can the transplanted hair fall out in time?
– The hair loss usually starts from the crown and/or frontal scalp where the hair bulbs have receptors which are sensitive to testosterone and this makes them vulnerable. The well preserved bulbs in the back of your head and above the ears don’t have such receptors which doesn’t make them sensitive to the effect of the testosterone and this is why they are the perfect transplantation donor.
– Hair growth is a cyclic process and because of this the transplanted hairs, or some of them, will fall out in the next 2-4 weeks and after that they will be substituted by entirely new and functioning hairs which will grow from the transplanted hair bulbs.
– Statistical surveys show that over 90% of the newly transplanted follicles with SmartGraft will survive and grow like a new hair in the donor area
Will there be hair loss in the back of the head since the hairs that are going to be transplanted will be taken from that area?
– There are between 100 000 – 150 000 hairs on the human head. Up to 15% of them can be taken from the donor area. It doesn’t matter that the area will be used as a donor – it cannot be affected by boldness and/or thinning because of the low percentage and the fact that the follicles will be taken at a distance from each other. A special hair densitometer is used, which makes accurate calculations using the so-called ‘SmartGraft system’.